Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Fleas...

SO my dog, Shaye, has fleas...I have treated her with medicine on her shoulder blades, I've given her a bath with flea shampoo twice, and I have sprayed her with stuff that is supposed to kill fleas.  I keep finding them on her here and there.  I have vacuumed the entire apartment and I just don't know what else to do!

I bought these "bombs" that are fog bombs intended to kill fleas and flea eggs.  I haven't used them yet because I am afraid for Riley's safety.  The bomb is poisoness and we would have to be away from the house for at least 3 hours or so.  I am so afraid because I don't want Riley crawling around on the carpet if the stuff is going to get her sick.  Does anyone know of anything I can do to get rid of the fleas without using the bomb?  And if I use the bomb will it be safe for Riley?  NEED HELP!!

Thanks,
Andrea

2 comments:

  1. I would suggest that you call your veterinarian to ask for advice on how to address the fleas and to also be sure that you don't use something that may be harmful to Riley. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't seen any in a while on her so I have been holding out. If I do see that she has them I will give the vet a call!

    Andrea

    ReplyDelete